Friday, May 27, 2011

This is Nigel and the first yield from the garden around the first week of May. Nigel sampled the radish leaves

Out of the bunch of radishes that I grew, there were a couple darker radishes that were so dark they were difficult to distinguish that the were more violet than black.
I replanted the black radishes so that they would seed out and I could see if I could grow black radishes. Subsequently, the radish tops died and new leaves grew and both radishes are getting ready to bloom. (I may be able to see if I have heirloom black radishes in the next month or two.) I ate a couple of the black radishes and they had a pleasant mild flavor to them. Sometimes the red ones can be as hot as the white icicle radishes, but these were not hot. The red ones seemed like they had more snap too them but the black radishes were really nice.


Nigel and Fiona look for beetles to bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment